Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How I'm doing: January Savings

Starting January 1, I put my receipts into a spreadsheet to keep track of how much I have been saving. I tried to include ALL purchases, even gas and mall purchases. I didn't count family restaurant trips (we're not planning to stop those). I'm having a little trouble getting receipts from one family member, so my numbers are a little off. Also, I could only include the transactions I was aware of. I still think I'll be able to make my goal of 50% savings over this year.

Due to privacy, I won't give the exact numbers. But, I spent only $33 than the amount of coupons I used. So, I saved almost 23% using coupons alone. By shopping with sales, I was able to save an additional 53%. In total, I saved approximately 75.89% on all my and my family's purchases in January.

Combining coupons and sales has been so great for me and my family. We've been able to help our friends and donate to charity. Saving so much has also helped with our stress; there's no worry about running out of food or money before the month ends. I hope the rest of this year continues this trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment