Friday, January 1, 2010

Trip to Food Lion & Save-A-Lot

Yesterday, I stopped by Save-A-Lot. I heard they had some nice deals on produce.  I haven't been to Save-A-Lot in years.  Their produce section was small, but everything was priced low and looked great. Bananas were .33/lb! I also got .75/lb onions. I'll definitely be stopping by again for produce. Unfortunately, I found the rest of the store to be sub-par. The meat section was disgusting.  A lot of stuff on the shelves was processed and expensive. I hope it's only the Save-A-Lot I went to that is like this.

I also stopped by Food Lion.  They have a great B1G1 sale this week on General Mills cereal.  I also had a raincheck I was hoping to use. I did two transactions.

Transaction 1:
I bought 6 boxes of Cheerios. In preparation for a sale like this, I bought .75 coupons off of ebay and printed out 2 $1 coupons from here.

Total before savings and coupons: $22.71
Total after savings and coupons: $6.72
----------------------------------
saved 72%! ----- I saved $11.34 by just using my MVP card (never leave home without it)

Transaction 2:
I bought 10lbs of russet potatoes, 5lb Boston butt pork roast, and 2 Smithfield Ham Shank portions (total of 19lbs). I had a raincheck for the ham shanks from last week's sale.

Total before savings: $29.47
Total after savings: $23.22
-----------------------------
saved 21% ----- doesn't look impressive but this doesn't include the savings I got from the raincheck.
I paid last week's price of $14.76 instead of this week's price $34.31 for an additional savings of $19.55.
Overall, I paid $23.22 instead of $42.09 ---- 45% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment