Friday, February 5, 2010

Rush Trip to Walgreens ---- saved 94%!

I've been out of town all day today and wasn't planning to do more shopping till next week. However, when I got home, I read on IHeartWags that there was a great deal at Walgreens: a $5 on your next order (OYNO) coupon with a purchase of $25+ at select 24-hour Walgreens.

I called up a friend who has just started couponing to meet me at the store. She didn't need $25 worth of stuff, but she did pick me up some coupons from the Atlanta Journal Constitution (yay!).

I got so much stuff that it was spilling out of the cart! I just kept trying to stuff more in there! Sorry about the lack of pictures, but it is horrible weather here and I didn't want to get wet taking pics.

Trip summary:
I got 12 boxes of cereal, 5 boxes of trash bags, 2 bottles of cooking oil, lip gloss, eye drops, and some filler items. I did two transactions to maximize my Register Reward usage and to get two $5 OYNO coupons.

Total before savings and RR: 115.52
Total out of pocket: 6.78
--------------------------------
saved 94% ----- my friend was able to get some candy on clearance that spit out a $1RR (Hershey Bliss)

(Thanks, IHeartWags!)

No comments:

Post a Comment