Friday, January 22, 2010

Kmart ----- saved 60%

After Bi-lo, I headed to Kmart to see about this Glade deal I had heard about.  Through 1/24, when you buy any of the Fragrance collection by Glade, you will get a coupon for money off your next order: buy 2, get $3; buy 3, get $4; and buy 4 or more, get $5. Also, Kmart has put these items on sale, some people are seeing $2.50, while my Kmart had a price of $3 for the small 2oz soy candles. You must use Fragrance collection items for this deal; regular Glade items will NOT work!

I broke out some coupons I printed off of Right@Home's site (remember my post from earlier? there are great coupons there) and I also found one in an older, no longer available All You. Each coupon was for $3/2, basically b1g1 during this sale.


They also had Fresh Step on sale for $7.99 this week. I bought it with the $3 on your next order (OYNO) coupon I got from buying 2 of the candles (this is a good idea so you don't forget to use the coupon). I did 3 transactions so that I could "roll over" the $3 OYNO coupons to help bring down the cost of the transactions following the first one. Basically, I bought 2 candles and used a coupon, bought 2 more candles and used a coupon and OYNO coupon, and then bought the Fresh Step with the OYNO coupon from the 2nd transaction.

Total before savings: $23.65
Total out of pocket: $9.35
--------------------------
saved 60% ---- I also used my Kmart rewards card, so hopefully I'll get some of this money back later

Mom also did a transaction. I had a coupon to get a free Glade item when you bought another Glade item (I think it was free warmer when you bought refill). She was very excited to get Kaboom Foam; we have been looking for it for months.

She saved 23%, not bad for an unplanned transaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment